Information on Moodle and BigBlueButton
What is Moodle?
Moodle is the University of Greifswald’s course and learning platform. It can be used to add digital content to classes and other offers provided by the University of Greifswald. The University of Greifswald’s lecturers are encouraged to create Moodle courses to accompany their classes and enable students to access any digital content that they provide.
What is BigBlueButton?
BigBlueButton (abbreviated to BBB) is an open-source web conferencing system that is integrated into Moodle. A BigBlueButton online room can be set up in a Moodle course to hold online meetings. Participation in BBB meetings is also possible for guests.
Login via Shibboleth for staff and students at the University of Greifswald
Like several other IT services at the University of Greifswald, Moodle also uses the single sign-on Shibboleth authentication. An account is set up automatically for all students and employees whose principal employment is at the university. This means that you can log in to the system with your central user account and require no further login details.
The login area can be found at the top right of your screen.
You are not a member of the university community at the University of Greifswald? Then request a user account pursuant to § 50 LHG M-V here.
Instructions and support
- Information about Moodle (URZ)
- Moodle instructions for members of teaching staff (URZ)
- Information about using BigBlueButton (URZ)
- Instructions for using Moodle in teaching (Digital Education)
- Instructions for using BigBlueButton in teaching (Digital Education)
- GrypsTube channel with video tutorials on using Moodle and BigBlueButton (Digital Education)
Invite guests to a BigBlueButton meeting (in German only)
- Open the video in GrypsTube (Link)